Bank products and services are offered by TPG.
All deposit accounts through TPG Bank are FDIC insured through TPG. 
Copyright © 2016-2017 Elite Tax Experts & Financial Services LLC. All Rights Reserved.

I need to change my withholding. How do I update my personal information?

  • Use Form W-4, Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate. If you get married or divorced, if a child is born, or if you no longer can claim a child as your dependent, you will need to complete a new Form W-4. When you begin to work at a new company, your employer must give you a Form W-4 to complete. You can also request a Form W-4 from your employer at any time to reflect a change in your tax situation.

What is the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) and am I eligible?

  • The Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) is applicable to low-income workers who may or may not have a qualifying child, or children, living with them. If you can take the EITC, then it is subtracted from the tax owed. The credit can be refunded even if you don’t owe any tax. If you have a qualifying child and your earned income and adjusted gross income (AGI) are each less than $39,296 ($44,846 if filing Married Filing Jointly), then you could be eligible for a maximum credit of $3,400. The maximum credit is $5,616 if you have two qualifying children and your earned income and your AGI are both less than $44,648 ($50,198 if Married Filing Jointly). The maximum credit is $6,318 if you have three or more children and your earned income and your AGI are both less than $48,340($53,930 if Married Filing Jointly). You may still qualify for a maximum credit of $510 if you do not have children and your income is less than $14,880 ($20,430 if Married Filing Jointly). Ask your Elite Tax Expert tax advisor for more info.

Elite Tax Experts are here to ensure that you receive your maximum possible refund accurately. We have prepared a list of our most frequently asked tax preparation questions to help answer questions that you may have.

If your question is not listed here please feel free to visit our Contact Us section to send us an email or contact one of our locations and we will be happy to assist you further.

How do I get my Form W-2?

  • Your employer should mail your Form W-2 to you by January 31. However, you may be able to download your W-2s even before you receive them in the mail. If ADP, TALX or CIC Plus issue W-2s for your employer, then ask your Elite Tax Experts tax advisor if you can make use of the W-2 download program

How do I get a copy of a prior-year tax return and Form W-2?

  • The IRS, you can request a photocopy or a computer transcript (a line-by-line listing) of the information on your filed tax return by filing For 4506-T, Request for Transcript of Tax Return. Photocopies and transcripts are free from the IRS. If you need an actual copy (not a photocopy), then you must complete Form 4506,Request for Copy of Tax Return and pay a fee for your filed tax return and all related tax information, such as your Form W-2.

Is there an age limit on claiming my children as dependents?

Age is a factor in the qualifying child test, but a qualifying relative can be any age. As long as the following dependency exemption tests are met, you may claim him or her:

Qualifying child or qualifying relative test

Dependent taxpayer test

Citizenship or resident test

Joint return test